This weekend, I went looking for a Matcha cookie recipe to try out, and I found the award winning recipe below so I gave it a try. They were delicious, it’s no wonder she won an award for them! You can read more about the cookies (and the award) here, or read on for the recipe below.
Green Tea Sweets
- Yield (2” leaf shape): Approx 25
- 3/4 cup (2.25 oz) Confectioners sugar
- 5 oz Unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 3/4 cup (8.5 oz) All-purpose flour
- 3 Large egg yolks
- 1.5 TBS Matcha (powdered green tea)
- 1 cup Granulated sugar (for coating)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and green tea together in a bowl.
- Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in color.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.
- Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).
- Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.
- Cut the dough with a leaf cookie cutter.
- Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
- Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.
Baker’s Note: The higher quality matcha you use, the brighter green the cookies will be. Store the cookies in a tin or other container that blocks out sunlight to preserve the color. The green color will fade when exposed to sunlight.
We recommend cooking grade Matcha which we have ordered from Amazon, you can buy the Matcha now by clicking here.